Many homeowners, potential qualified buyers, etc, believe they know what a particular house, is worth, but, often, either, over, or under – estimate, its actual VALUE! Homeowners, seeking to sell their home, need to have an accurate idea, so they can ensure, it’s priced right, from the start! Those, who are considering selling, should also, gain this knowledge, in order, to be certain, they are not, over – paying their real estate taxes, etc. Wouldn’t it also make sense, for potential, qualified buyers, to know this, also, so they understand their options, within their price range, etc? Instead of trying to fake – it, it’s wise to be sure! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it’s an important matter, to consider.
1. Virtues; viable; views/ viewings: Know the strengths and weaknesses of the house, property, location, etc, and realize, which virtues, as well as liabilities, might impact, the value! You need a realistic, viable approach, and solution, so you better realize, if your views, align with others! In the real estate transaction, process, you will need to get quality, qualified viewings, or even the best property, won’t sell!
2. Area; analysis; attitude: Let your attitude, be supportive and helpful, rather than getting in the way, of your best possibilities! Is the area, something, which makes the place, more or less attractive, to others? Instead of guessing, proceed, with the necessary analysis, based on a professionally, designed, Competitive Market Analysis, or CMA!
3. Learning; listen; listing price: Gain knowledge, and commit to learning, as many factors, as possible, which affect real estate values! Effectively listen to the professional, real estate agent, you hire, and begin, by offering it, at the most appropriate, listing price.
4. Unique; usual/ unusual: What are the unique features, or characteristics of a specific property and house, which make it, either, more, or less valuable? A desirable location, pristine, overall property, room layout/ size, etc, might add value, while specific locations, small rooms, or strange – shaped property, might diminish it! Fully consider, both, the usual, as well as unusual advantages, and disadvantages, in a well – considered, manner!
5. Excellence; emphasis; energy: Is the house, energy – efficient, and does it take advantage of any specific, trends, etc? Will you place your emphasis, on introducing the best approaches, and maximizing excellence, etc?
A smart approach, is to know, the true VALUE, in a realistic way! How will you consider these considerations?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades, and a RE Licensed Salesperson, for a decade+